How to do Crtl+Break sequence in SecureCRT without a Break Key
So, for the past couple years I've been using a Mac Book Pro for the majority of my writing, but still relied on a Windows platform for most of my command line work. I recently was faced with the need to perform a password reset on a device using Secure CRT on my Macbook Pro, and wouldn't you know it? There's no Break key! Here's how I got around this issue, if you have another way to do it, please feel free to share in the comments below.
1. Start out by establishing your console connection.
2. In Secure CRT, Click on the Options button (or go to the Options menu and click Session Options).
3. Click on Mapped Keys under the Emulation Section.
4. Click on the Map a Key button, then type whatever key combination you want when it prompts you (I typed Ctrl+delete).
5. In the Function drop down, select Telnet Function.
6. In the Telnet Function drop down, select TN_BREAK.
7. Click Ok.
You should now be equipped to issue a break sequence when consoled into a device. Go forth, and use your new found powers for good.